A Newbie Cook’s Guide to Great Curd Rice
Traditional Curd Rice Recipe
CURD RICE | THAYYIR SAADHAM
Curd Rice is the ultimate comfort food for anyone. It is easy to make, safe on the tummy and has a satiating effect.
- Mixing Bowl
- Kadhai or Wok
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 2 cups Boiled and Cooled Milk
- 1/2 cup Full Cream Curd
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- Salt To Taste
- In a large mixing bowl add the cooked rice. Mash it for a soft, even mushy texture.
- Now add the milk and mix well
- Add the curd and mix well.
- In a small kadhai, heat the cooking oil. Once hot, add the mustard seeds, and let them crackle. Turn off the heat and immediately add the curry leaves and let them sputter.
- Pour this entire tempering into the curd rice and mix well.
- Serve delicious curd rice with tender mango pickle or any other accompaniment of your choice