Idli Podi at Home: Easy Recipe
- 2 tbsp Chana Dal / Split Bengal Gram
- 2 tbsp Urad Dal / Split Black Gram
- A small piece of whole asafetida
- 8-10 Red Chillies
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- A Clutch of Curry Leaves
- Salt To Taste
- To a heating pan, add one tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add the lentils – Chana Dal and Urad Dal, the whole asafoetida, red chillies, salt and curry leaves
- On a low flame, keep roasting this mixture till you get aroma of the roasted Dal and red chillies
- Take the mixture off the stove. Let it cool before you grind it.
- Idly Podi is now ready. Store the powder in an airtight container. There is no need to refrigerate. The powder will remain good for months on end.